Publications in Refereed Journals Papers Not Yet Published Presentations at Conferences Invited Talks
Publications in Refereed Journals
- "Fast Physical Random Number Generator Using Amplified Spontaneous Emission," Caitlin R.S. Williams, Julia C. Salevan, Xiaowen W. Li, Rajarshi Roy, Thomas E. Murphy, Optics Express 18 , 23584 (2010), http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/OE.18.023584.
- "External Periodic Driving of Large Systems of Globally Coupled Phase Oscillators," T. M. Antonsen, R. T. Faghih, M. Girvan, E. Ott, and J. Platig, Chaos, 18 (2008), http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.2952447.
- "Echo Phenomena in Large Systems of Coupled Oscillators," E. Ott, J. H. Platig, T. M. Antonsen, M. Girvan, Chaos 18 (2008), http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.2973816.
- "Application of a General Electron Emission Equation to Surface Nonuniformity and Current Density Variation," K. L. Jensen, J. J. Petillo, E. J. Montgomery, Z. Pan, D. W. Feldman, P. G. O'Shea, et al., J. Vac. Sci. and Technol. B 26 , 831-837 (2008), http://dx.doi.org/10.1116/1.2827508.
- "Low Workfunction Surface Coatings for Dispenser Photocathodes in Radio Frequency Photoinjectors," Nathan A. Moody, Donald W. Feldman, Patrick G. O'Shea, Kevin L. Jensen, Joan E. Yater, Jonathan L. Shaw, and Anne M. Balter, J. Directed Energy 2 , ISSN:1546-0185, 243 (2007).
- "Isochronal Synchrony and Bidirectional Communication with Delay-Coupled Nonlinear Oscillators," Brian B. Zhou and Rajarshi Roy, Phys. Rev. E 75, 026205 (2007), http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.75.026205.
- "Synchronization of Unidirectionally Coupled Mackey-Glass Analog Circuits with Frequency Bandwidth Limitations," Min-Young Kim, Christopher Sramek, Atsushi Uchida, and Rajarshi Roy, Phys. Rev. E 74, 016211 (2006, http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.74.016211).
- "Visualizing the Invisible: Ultrasound Velocimetry in Liquid Sodium," Barbara E. Brawn, Kaveri Joshi, Daniel P. Lathrop, Nicolas Mujica, and Daniel R. Sisan, Chaos 15, 041104 (2005), http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.2126811.
- "Bandwidth Studies of TEOn - TEO(n+1) Ripple-Wall Mode Converters in Circular Waveguide," W. Lawson, M. Esteban, H. Raghunathan, B. Hogan, and K. Bharathan, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech. 53 , 372-379 (2005), http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2004.839939.
- "Production of Energetic Electrons during Magnetic Reconnection", J. F. Drake, M. A. Shay, W. Thongthai, and M. Swisdak, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 095001 (2005), http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.94.095001.
- "Transition from Anti-parallel to Component Magnetic Reconnection", M. Swisdak, J. F. Drake, J. McIlhargey, and M. A. Shay, J. Geophys. Res. 110, A05210 (2005), http://dx.doi.org/10.1029/2004JA010748.
- "Space-Charge-Limited Magnetron Injection Guns for High-Power Gyrotrons," W. Lawson. H. Raghunathan, and M. Esteban, IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. 32, 1236-1241 (2004), http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2004.828780.
- "Segregation in a Monolayer of Magnetic Spheres," J. Stambaugh, Z. Smith, E. Ott, and W. Losert, Phys. Rev. E 70, 031304 (2004), http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.70.031304.
- "Generalized Synchronization of Spatiotemporal Chaos in a Liquid Crystal Spatial Light Modulator," E. Rogers, R. Kalra, R. Schroll, A. Uchida, D. Lathrop, and R. Roy, Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 084101 (2004), http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.93.084101.
Presentations at Conferences
- "Local Synchronization in Complex Networks of Coupled Oscillators," John Stout, Matthew Whiteway, Edward Ott, Michelle Girvan, and Thomas M. Antonsen, Dynamics Days Conference, Chapel Hill, NC, January 5-8, 2011.
- "Fabrication and Measurement of Efficient, Robust Cesiated Dispenser Photocathodes," E. J. Montgomery, D. W. Feldman, P. G. O'Shea, Z. Pan, N. A. Moody, and K. L. Jensen, Particle Accelerator Conference 2007, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- "Demonstration and Characterization of Alkali Antimonide Dispenser Photocathodes," E. J. Montgomery, D. W. Feldman, P. G. O'Shea, Z. Pan, N. Sennett, K. L. Jensen, et al., DEPS Dir. Energ. Symposium, Huntsville, Alabama, 2007.
- "Noise-Enhanced Stability of Attractor Ruins in Semiconductor Laser System with Optical Feedback," Nathaniel Karst, to be presented at Dynamics Days 2007.
- "Experimental Progress Toward Low Workfunction Controlled Porosity Dispenser Photocathodes," N. A. Moody, K. L. Jensen, D. W. Feldman, A. M. Balter, P. G. O'Shea, J. L. Shaw, J. E. Yater, 28th International Free Electron Laser Conference FEL 2006, August 27 to September 1, 2006, Berlin, Germany.
- "Fractal Patterns in Chaotic Fluid Mixing," Amir Ahmadi and Jennifer Rieser (with T. M. Antonsen, E. Ott, and Y.-K. Tsang), Dynamics Days 06, January 2006, Bethesda, MD.
- "Laser with Feedback in a Crisis: Transition from Dropouts to Coherence Collapse," Bethany Adams and Nathaniel Karst, Dynamics Days 2006, Bethesda, MD.
- "Chaotic Communications with Mutually Coupled Ring Lasers," Adam Cohen, Elizabeth Rogers, and Rajarshi Roy, Dynamics Days 2005, Long Beach, CA.
- "The Effect of Bandwidth Limitations on the Synchronization of Mackey-Glass Systems," Chris Sramek, Min-Young Kim, Atsushi Uchida, Vasily Dronov, and Rajarshi Roy, Dynamics Days 2005, Long Beach, CA.
- "Measurements of Low Workfunction Cesiated Metals for Use in Dispenser Photocathodes," N. A. Moody, D. W. Feldman, K. L. Jensen, P. G. O'Shea, A. M. Balter, Free Electron Laser Conference 2005, August 21-26, 2005, Stanford University, Stanford, CA.
- "Photoemission from Coated Surfaces: Comparison of Theory to Experiment," K. L. Jensen, D. W. Feldman, N. A. Moody, P. G. O'Shea, A. M. Balter, Free Electron Laser Conference 2005, August 21-26, 2005, Stanford University, Stanford, CA.
- "Chaos in a Diode-Transmission Line Ciruit," Marshall Miller and Alexander Glasser (with T. M. Antonsen, E. Ott, and S. M. Anlage), Dynamics Days 2004, January 2-5, 2004, Chapel Hill, NC.
- "Dynamic Shear Band Dependence on Particle Size, Katherine Newhall, APS Division of Fluid Dynamics Meeting, November 2004.
- "Laser Tweezer Manipulation of Dictyostelium during Chemotaxis," R. Skupsky, C. Poole, C. Vance, R. Smith, Wolfgang Losert, American Society for Cell Biology Annual Meeting, Washington DC (2004).
- "Generalized Synchronization of Spatio-Temporal Chaos," Rita R. Kalra, Elizabeth Rogers, Atsushi Uchida, and Rajarshi Roy, Nonlinear Science Gordon Research Conference, August, 2003, Tilton, NM.
- "Demonstration of Synchronization and Communication with Mackey-Glass Electronic Circuit Systems," David T. Sodaitis, Vasily Dronov, Min-Young Kim, Atsushi Uchida, and Rajarshi Roy, Nonlinear Science Gordon Research Conference, August 2003, Tilton, NH.
- "Performance and Preparation of a Prototype Dispenser Photocathode," N. A. Moody, K. L. Jensen, D. W. Feldman, A. M. Balter, P. G. O'Shea, E. J. Montgomery, J. L. Shaw, J. E. Yater, Ninth Annual Directed Energy Symposium, October 2 - November 2, 2006, Albuquerque, NM.
- "Adaptive Regenerable Photocathodes for High Brightness Free Electron Lasers," N. A. Moody, K. L. Jensen, D. W. Feldman, A. M. Balter, P. G. O'Shea, J. L. Shaw, J. E. Yater, BAE Systems Colloquium Series, February 1, 2006, Washington, DC.
- "Low-Workfunction Dispenser Photocathodes for RF-Photoinjectors," N. A. Moody, K. L. Jensen, D. W. Feldman, A. M. Balter, P. G. O'Shea, J. L. Shaw, J. E. Yater, Cornell University Accelerator Physics Seminar, January 10, 2006.
- "Low-Workfunction Dispenser Photocathodes," N. A. Moody, K. L. Jensen, D. W. Feldman, A. M. Balter, P. G. O'Shea, J. L. Shaw, J. E. Yater, Eighth Annual Directed Energy Symposium, November 14-18, 2005, Lihue, HI.